Friday, April 30, 2010

Cats DO own the house!!


Well...

Late last night I flopped on the bed sideways to stretch my back out after sitting at the computer for too many hours and too many nights in a row working on a story. I love to write but the long hours of typing and editing takes its toll in my back muscles. Even WITH a nifty cushion and lumbar chair - kinda hard to avoid, it just is.

Anyhow...

I'm alone, hubby's at work. Well... not exactly ALONE-alone... the five furballs are here somewhere. As far as I knew, I was alone on the bed.

So imagine this... I THINK I'm alone. No one but ME is on the bed. I flop back, stretch my arms up, lean my head back to look up and ceiling... and WHAM! Sweet Pea leans over into my face and upside down, an inch from my forehead goes, "MEW!!!" very loudly.

Scared the living daylights outta me!! I couldn't go to sleep for an hour! Dang cat yelled at me cuz I was in HER space for all of two seconds? Puh-leaze!! Who feeds her? Me. Who gives her running tap water thirty-five (well maybe it's only ten) times a day cuz she won't drink standing water? Me. Who pets her during the night when she needs reassuring that she's really not alone? Me. Who brings her cat treats from Wallyworld? Me. Who plays with her when she demands attention on a daily basis? Me. Who cleans her box? Me. I'm her maid... that's what it's come down to.

If I had nine lives, Sweet Pea just scared one of them right outta me, LOL! Maybe even two.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,

    I'm clicking around this a.m. Figured out what my blog address is and posted that to the Forum workshop; here I am visiting you and posting a comment; completed my Lesson Three homework for the PBClass; revised my synopsis and am now going back to review Sarah's before sending her my comments. All this and it is just 8:10 a.m. Truth be told, I'm exhausted and could go back to bed but have a full day ahead of me.

    Thank you so very much! You are a great teacher...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! I'm glad you're comfortable with poking around on the 'net and finding things. I left a comment on your blog on Facebook, we can go into more ins-n-outs of that next time, I'm glad to be of assistance. :)

    Have a great day,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! Sounds like something my cat would do. Did you read my blog about the Ghost Cat?

    ReplyDelete