Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's on the menu?


So there I am at Wal-Mart today... again... standing in the checkout line and mulling over things I could rant about online publicly when it hit me... the front cover of a popular woman’s magazine had a little blurb in the upper right, designed to get people to look inside. Or maybe buy the issue.

The bit said: "4 Things All Guys Crave Hearing - pg. 74"

Well I'm curious as a cat , but not THAT curious. I don't have to pick up the latest issue to know the answer to THAT one... I been married since... ohh... umm... errrrr... well, a while. Long enough to know that without even looking, I could imagine they'd mean things that would stroke his (cough hack cough) fragile (cough cough hack) ego. And no, that's not a euphemism, get yer mind outta the gutter. Besides, if I'd picked up the magazine to see what exactly WAS on pg. 74 of this month's issue, I probably woulda died laughing.

Like I said before... some days I'm soooooooo mature. LOL! I just knew I'd be in trouble from the Hysterics Police if I picked it up to read, so I didn't.

Around this house... the four things hubby-dearest craves hearing kinda go like this:

4. "Why sure, I'll pay all the bills this month, you just keep your paycheck to yourself this month, honey!"

3. "You just put your feet up, dearling, I'll bring you something to eat and drink and fetch the remote for you, would you like me to put in a DVD too?"

2. "Of course you can sit around and do absolutely nothing today! The yard can wait. Why... it's not even two feet tall yet!"

...and the all time top drawer ding ding ding winner of them all...

1. "You. Were. Right."

Of course, if ya know me... that's just sarcasm. But now that I'm home and I can't read pg. 74, I'm curious... what are the four things that all guys crave hearing? I shoulda just picked it up anyhow.

P.S. #2-3-4 are really sarcasm, but number 1 there - that's for REAL. He LOVES to hear me say "You were right." *grin*

3 comments:

  1. Well, my mind was perhaps not in the gutter but certainly well below any guy's ear. But that must come from writing a couple of sexy love scenes.

    I think relationships in a romance novel are easier than real life because I always know that no matter how tough it is right now, it will all turn out in the end. Don't think many of us have that confidence in our real life relationships although I may certainly be wrong about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of that's just sarcasm. I did look up the real article, it's posted on my Facebook page with the imported blog since I had a couple people asking me what the real 4 things were. And of course, then it got my curiosity up too. When I saw them, I knew I would no way ever say those 4 things to my hubby - he'd think I was up to something. He knows me too well to have any of those lines pulled on him, heheh. It's a funny article though, good advice for the young-20-somethings, not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg to differ. IMHO, THESE are the four things guys most want to hear (and I haven't looked on your Facebook page or seen the magazine-not that it's likely to matter):

    1) You won...-the lottery, the race, the bet, the game, the argument, your team won the Superbowl, whatever. (Although 'you were right' is, I grant you, a variation of 'you won'.)
    2.)You're the best...-boyfriend, teacher, lover, husband, judge of character, hunter, provider, carpenter, shoe salesman, ball player, mathematician, writer, singer, sudoku-solver, tick-remover, lawn-mower, car-fixer, driver, father, friend, listener, etc.
    3.) It's your turn to choose.
    4.) I'm glad we met. ('I love you' is tricky. Depends on whether or not the feeling is mutual.)
    My two cents worth...

    ReplyDelete